(2 year fixed term contract)
The Regulatory Reform Manager is responsible for leading regulatory reform opportunities in line with the TransGrid’s strategic objectives . The role focuses on developing a proactive agenda to influence the direction and content of policies, laws, rules within the National Electricity Market to align with TransGrid’s business strategy.
As the Regulatory Reform Manager you will:
- Lead the identification and development of policy and regulatory reform opportunities to maximise business value.
- Understand TransGrid’s regulatory environment and business strategy, in order to deliver research outcomes which provide an evidence base for TransGrid’s advocacy agenda.
- Identify, analyse and communicate to management and staff on policies and market trends affecting TransGrid’s current and future operating environment
- Plan, manage and deliver policy and research papers and submissions to support TransGrid’s advocacy agenda and contribute thought leadership to public policy debates.
- Work with key internal subject matter experts and management to develop and communicate TransGrid’s position on relevant policy matters
- Regularly keep senior managers up to date on policy developments, through the preparation of briefs, presentations and other communication
- Manage the internal integration of approved regulatory strategies through coordination with all relevant internal stakeholders, including the Strategy Team.
- Develop and implement positions on key policy issues to support TransGrid’s advocacy agenda and broader corporate strategy.
- Represent TransGrid to external stakeholders on policy and regulatory matters as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial requirements, developing, implementing and operating budgets for management activities
- Optimise resource allocation and planning to meet and exceed service level and affordability targets
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Economics, Engineering, Law or other relevant discipline
- Experience managing the preparation and/or review of policy reforms and/or rule change proposals
- A strong understanding of the National Electricity Market, its operations and regulatory processes
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of regulatory economics principles and practice
- Demonstrated ability to think, analyse and consider the broader context of the National Electricity Market to develop practical solutions and recommendations to present to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate from an informed and credible position, gain consensus and commitment from others and lead and facilitate productive discussions with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, tailoring communication to the audience and building and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver quantitative and qualitative research to inform business decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgement to achieve business outcomes through people
At the heart of the national electricity market, our high voltage transmission network connects consumers across NSW and ACT to safe and reliable electricity. We’re a newly privatised company that’s taking a leading role in encouraging the connection of renewable generation and, more broadly, the transition to a low carbon future.
We offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide are continually improving. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve, and bring different perspectives to different challenges.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day. For further information please contact our HR Business Partnering team on (02) 9620 0222 (ext 900 222) or visit www.transgrid.com.au/careers to view the position description and apply online.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
Please note this is a 2 year fixed term contract.
We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here .
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.