About the Role
This newly created position is your chance to focus on taking a proactive and strategic approach in terms of regulatory compliance and Ombudsman relations. As the Regulatory & Ombudsman Relations Manager, you will be responsible for regulatory advice, compliance and external Ombudsman relations within an influential area of the business, Customer Markets Operations. This area of the business is responsible for end to end management of customer experience and outcomes for AGL. This role offers you the scope to drive changes and partner closely with the business.
- Leading a team of 6 to develop and deliver a framework to ensure regulatory compliance and controls within Customer Market Operations
- Representing AGL and Powerdirect as a key point of contact for operational compliance to regulatory bodies
- Leading the delivery of regulatory audit programs
- Developing strong internal relationships with the business unit and across the organisation, so regulatory challenges impacting customer experiences can be addressed with the relevant bodies
- Delivering accurate regulatory reporting, ensuring that instances of non-compliance are managed in a timely manner and appropriate controls are implemented
- Building strong relationships with Ombudsman schemes, being a strategic point of contact to discuss trends and processes impacting our customers
- Providing customer insights across AGL to proactively drive prevention of complaints
- Experienced people leader with a passion for developing others
- Experience within the retail energy industry or in a highly regulated industry
- Understanding of regulatory obligations and compliance management within an operations environment
- Relationship management experience, with demonstrated ability to influence external parties
- Demonstrated ability to make pragmatic, customer focused decisions within a regulated environment
- Experience with Energy Ombudsman schemes and complaints management is desirable
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call (Edith Chan and 03 8633 6575).