Job no: 497943
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Legal and Regulatory, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join the AGL Regulation and Ombudsman team during an exciting time in the evolving energy industry. The team is responsible for regulatory compliance and advice across our Customer Market Operations, an impactful area of the business that is responsible for end to end management of customer experience and outcomes for AGL.
As the Regulation and Compliance Advisor you will play a key role in contributing to the team’s compliance, reporting, analysis and consultation needs. This role will allow you to influence how AGL works with regulatory bodies and partner effectively with the business to develop long term solutions to ensure complaint operations.
- Providing regulatory advice to the business on gas and electricity regulations, codes, procedures and licences nationally
- Reviewing process change initiatives for compliance against regulatory obligations
- Negotiating resolutions to non-compliances with regulators (in conjunction with Regulatory Strategy team)
- Helping to develop compliance plans in areas where there have been repeated instances of non-compliance
- Providing advice on reporting requirements and when needed submit regulatory reports for regulators
- Regularly collaborate with key internal and industry stakeholders to discuss reporting findings and identify opportunities for improved processes
- Strong legal skills for interpreting regulatory impacts on business processes, systems and outcomes
- Proven background in a risk or compliance advisory role
- Experience in partnering with the business to achieve risk and compliance outcomes
- Ability to understand regulatory frameworks in the energy industry is desirable
- Strong literacy skills and experience in the preparation of written reports and/or submissions
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call (Edith Chan and 03 8633 6575).
Advertised: 06 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time