ABOUT THE ROLES:
Maternity Services at Werribee Mercy Hospital comprises of 24 Postnatal Beds and 9 Birthing Suites, with 3781 babies born here last year. As a Midwife you have the opportunity to rotate between these areas and maintain your skills across the spectrum of care. Appropriately skilled Midwives also have the opportunity to work in Pregnancy Day Stay, Maternity Assessment Unit, Parent Education and potentially in Antenatal Clinic. And we have plans to introduce Maternity Group Practice in 2018.
The Maternity Services team includes experienced Lactation Consultants and Midwifery in the Home Midwives, and support from a range of Allied Health Professionals. We also have a wonderful collegial relationship with Medical staff. Daily education sessions are held and there are many opportunities for staff to access professional development activities and have support from the Learning Team.
• Part time, full time, permanent and fixed term, also casual positions available
• We are seeking experienced Midwives to join our dynamic and supportive Maternity Services team
• Provide clinical excellence and quality patient centred care in a modern, well equipped setting
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a general public hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA
• AHPRA Registration as Registered Midwife
• Midwifery expertise and experience in Antenatal, Intrapartum and Postnatal Care
• You display clinical excellence and have a strong family centred care focus
• Knowledge of best practice and a commitment to quality improvement processes
• Proven time management, organisational skills and a team player
• Flexibility to work in all areas of maternity services and across all shifts including night duty
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Louise Thompson, NUM Maternity Services, (03) 8754 3408 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively contact: Jonelle Mais, Mercy Health Recruitment Advisor, 0429 984 863 or email@example.com
Quote Ref No: WMH 111
Applications close: Sunday 11 November 2017
|Job Type:||Flexible Working Arrangements|
ABOUT THE ROLES:
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Mercy Health provides care services to people at every stage of their life. Join a workplace of passionate people who put care as its number one priority; for both clients & staff.
|Live Jobs: 71 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Healthcare & Medical|