The people and culture at BP make it a truly special place to work and this is underpinned by a focus on transparent, respectful and people-focused relationships and communication. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Retail Pricing team within the Sales & Marketing stream.
As the Regional Retail Pricing Advisor you will be responsible for building capability in the Retail Pricing team to ensure excellence, consistency and continuity in execution and thereby establish the Retail Pricing team as the pricing centre of expertise. This is a fantastic role to show case your strategic thinking and customer focus!
- Guide and coach Pricing Specialists to deliver insights that will assist with establishing and evaluating pricing pilots, understanding performance trends, determining relevant interventions.
- Develop regional and site specific pricing strategies. Ensure effective implementation and review of such strategies.
- Rigorously track performance, intervene to address underperformance and share insights across regions
- Set prices Retail Sites in a timely manner that is consistent with pricing strategy.
- Continually challenge self and team to improve and automate process thereby making faster decisions on the mundane and deeper decisions on what matters.
- Accountable for volume and margin performance vs Plan and Last Year.
- Understand and communicate factors that affect retail fuel margin performance
Relevant Business related Tertiary qualification would be favourable
Essential experience and job requirements
- Proven commercial acumen, with the ability to assess the short term and long term financial implications of decisions.
- Affinity for Data. Highly numerate and proven ability to analyse large volume of data and drawn insights from analysis.
- Experience in operating and applying models that support commercial decision making.
- Ability to be both flexible and tenacious. Able to adapt quickly to change, manage potential conflict situations and deliver the best outcome for the business.
- Strong influencing and communication skills. A high degree of resilience and confidence in dealing with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven capability to work with IT applications and optimise processes and procedures.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Relevant experience in Data Analytics and experience with IT applications would be favourable.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.