Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
The mission of the Cloud Developer Advocacy team is to win the hearts and minds of Developers through authenticity, community and technical engagement. The Cloud Developer Advocacy team is first and foremost pivoted on enabling a healthy ecosystem for technical communities to create and build things in the cloud. We are looking for Cloud Developer Advocates who will be based in-region in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and San Francisco and New York in the United States. As a Cloud Developer Advocate, you’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Microsoft Azure. You’ll build and nurture great relationships with developers online and in your local city, create amazing samples and content. and will be focused on winning the hearts and minds of our technical audiences at scale. Our team embraces diversity and inclusivity in what we do.
- Content: Create relevant, reusable, scalable content hosted on docs.microsoft.com, and continually improve based on customer feedback.
- Online & Social: Focus on breadth engagements via blog, Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, SlideShare, etc. Reach the IT community online using relevant technical content, social channels, and online forums.
- Community: Champion relevant Azure products and services in your local meetups and user groups. Build relationships with key friendly and non-friendly local influencers. Scale advocacy efforts by finding and enabling local champions.
- Events: Participate and speak in relevant 1st and 3rd party local events. Scale your efforts by partnering with the MS field and programs like MS MVPs, Linux Community Champions, etc.
- Adoption: Execute local activities that drive Azure readiness, evaluation, and usage. Use data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive Azure adoption. Collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Best Practices: Drive the creation of best practices in relevant solution areas (i.e. IoT, CI/CD) and document patterns and practices for the IT community.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in the IT infrastructure space. Cloud experience preferred.
- Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make the IT community and our platform successful.
- Travel may be required depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Previous experience as a IT advocate, IT evangelist, or external IT-focused role.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.