As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients. Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £447.0 billion (€503.6 billion/$604.7 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,600 people across six continents who focus on doing just this. We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings. *as at 31 December 2017
Overview of Role
The Integration Controls team is primarily responsible for the integrity of data in applications that are critical to the reconciliations functions. Consequently, the Controls Team is structured to support three separate groups within Portfolio Services; Reconciliations, Portfolio Accounting and Portfolio Operations
Supporting the Reconciliation business processes, the role includes the timely import and validation of internal and external data into the Reconciliations system and the subsequent matching of records to identify cash and stock breaks that require further investigation.
• Ensure stringent controls are in place to restrict and manage operational risk.
• Manage the accuracy and continuity of data within the supported systems.
• Perform a series of integrity checks to confirm that Book of Record accounting data is fit for purpose.
• Daily review of data integrity errors to identify common themes and co-ordinate resolution with respective parties.
• Ensure that data is successfully integrated into supported systems; investigation and remediation of issues where appropriate.
• Ensure report production is timely, accurate and fit for purpose.
• Undertake analysis of exception trends to highlight risk and propose remediation solutions.
• Monitor and report on performance against service level agreements. Review working processes and implement service improvements.
• Prepare and submit timely and accurate management and key performance information.
• Use initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions for escalated issues that meet the needs of Schroders, the custodians and clients.
• Liaise with external parties and internal functions to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Assist Team Leader in project work and ability to lead team in Team Leader’s absence.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong understanding and awareness of risk
• Able to adapt and thrive in a changing environment.
• Good client awareness
• Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
• Proven problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail
• An interest in pursuing a career within the Investment Management / Financial Services Industry
• Strong industry knowledge towards data integrity within Reconciliations.
• Understanding of operational risk and controls
• Understanding of the applications in our system architecture and their inter-dependencies
• An interest in and knowledge development of global investment markets
• An interest in and knowledge development of investment instruments, our products and clients
• Previous experience in system administration an advantage
• Previous experience in reconciliation / accounting an advantage
• Experience in using TriOptima platform
• Knowledge of accounting systems, SWIFT messaging, Bloomberg etc. preferred
• PC skills including MS Excel and MS Word