At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.This is a residential role based at Port Hedland, with a roster for 6/6 including Night and Day Shift. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia.
Reporting to the Yard Operations Superintendent, within the Rail Operations team your duties will include:
- Lead and develop a high performing operations team who, under your leadership are responsible for ensuring the safe execution of Rail Operations activities for the WAIO Supply Chain
- Ensure compliance to safe operating practices aligned to the Rail Rule Book
- Support the delivery of the business plan through:
- Communicating a clear and exciting vision for the future of Rail Operations including the context for change to build understanding and commitment.
- Maintaining the required technical capabilities and knowledge within the team
- Managing team performance
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability and resilience
- Previous experience in leading and coaching a team to achieve results through application of continuous improvement processes
- Ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to lead sustainable change
- Effectively lead a complex change whilst ensuring that team members feel respected and engaged around issues affecting themselves and their work place.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.