- Support some of the nation's highest profile infrastructure and commercial construction projects.
- Cost Estimator position supporting our highly successful Facilities & Infrastructure team
- HMAS Kuttabul – Garden Island location - Woolloomooloo site location
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Thales is in contract with the Commonwealth of Australia for the provision of Dock Operation and Reticulated Services (DORS) within the Garden Island Defence Precinct (GIDP) situated at Woolloomooloo Sydney NSW. The GIDP is the primary operational, repair and maintenance support base for the Sydney home-ported Royal Australian Navy (RAN) major fleet units. The scope of this contract includes operation and maintenance of the reticulated (engineering) services to the GIDP and the Captain Cook Graving Dock, one of the largest Graving Docks in the Southern Hemisphere.
As an Estimator, you will be responsible for estimating activity in support of our Ship Repair Services operations at Garden Island (Sydney), New South Wales. This is a role that will both challenge and reward you as you join a project driven environment focused on safety, schedule, cost and quality.
- Conduct estimating and pricing activity to support a variety of requirements across Thales Australia, primarily ship repair and maintenance activities as well as requirements in support of surrounding building and facilities
- Manage a variety of estimating requirements encompassing mechanical, electrical, structural and civil maintenance
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders and work as part of a team to provide efficient estimating services to support customer requirements
- Action tender responses, evaluate quotations and develop risk assessments
- Maintain a high level of communication with all relevant stakeholders to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Actively participate in the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Occasional travel when required
- Experience in a similar role will be viewed favourably, as will those with a relevant qualification in engineering and/or project management
- Relevant trade background or tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to analyse/interpret technical information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks, manage competing priorities and work to achieve set deadlines
- Demonstrated customer focus with an ability to resolve complex issues with an eye for detail
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to interpret and report relevant data
This role will require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Police and medical checks will be required for this role.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.