We are currently looking for a specialist quality advisor to be based in our Perth office who will be part of a diverse Quality team across Minerals Australia and provide specialist quality input to the project teams.
Additional duties will include:
- Sets out a focused, structured and well-timed implementation plan for the Quality framework as outlined in the Internal Standard and governs the process in alignment with its requirements
- Supports the development and coordination of Quality Management strategy, standards, processes, systems and plans including quality planning, quality control and quality improvement for a program of capital project
- Early project engagement with Study/Project Managers to ensure quality focus is applied through all phases and in all functional areas and owner's team quality requirements are included in contractor's project deliverables
- Reviews and endorses quality related documentation to ensure that quality management is fit for purpose to facilitate overall project quality performance
- Coordinates the review of vendor data and monitors contractors ensuring that Quality Management data is delivered checked and incorporated in a timely manner
- Monitors the development of the Quality Management plans in conjunction with the Project Managers so that schedule slippage can be monitored and the effects minimised
- Coordinates execution of risk and quality management plans to assure effective management of the project's Quality Management scope of work
- Identifies and implements improvement initiatives, including programmatic opportunities for increased capital efficiency and productivity in the function
- Provides Quality Management expertise as input to value improvement practices
- Monitors that the Project Quality Management Framework meets the required standards to support the effective transition of deliverables to the operations Engineering and Production functions
- Collaborates with Study\Project Manager to ensure fit for purpose processes and tools are available to achieve the project scope, cost and schedule requirements
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Engages and motivates the team to drive continual improvement.
- Ability to work well under pressure and able to prioritise tasks in accordance with requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles and governance in Technical sub-functions of Quality;
- Lead Auditor qualifications
LocationYou will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues. Supporting a diverse workforceAt BHP we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible employment arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave. Find out more about our benefits in each location on our People & Careers Page at our website Reference Number – 55184Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.#LIWA