- Various roles available, permanent & 12 month secondment
- Fantastic opportunity for a customer focused purchasing specialist to play an important role in the IG Supply Chain at Origin
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 22nd September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that's meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow's energy solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Origin's Purchasing and Assurance Team and play an important role in our Integrated Gas (IG) Supply Chain. Based in Brisbane, the primary purpose of the role is to provide technical input on transactional purchasing activities for the team. The role also includes accountability for ensuring business requirements are achieved, while maintaining optimal cost outcomes, surety of supply, minimal supply risk and compliance with Origin requirements.
You will share knowledge with your colleagues and proactively work towards building capability within the Purchasing & Assurance Team. You will also guide, coach and influence individual team members across IG Supply Chain and promote and contribute to a culture of collaborative continuous improvement to build a high performing and customer focused team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Lead, your accountabilities will include:
- Provide an evolving customer service experience through strong engagement with internal and external stakeholders, using excellent communication skills and a pragmatic, collaborative mindset to identify and facilitate transformative and value-adding supply chain outcomes aligned to Origin's business objectives
- Delivering responsive and relevant purchasing outcomes for the Purchasing & Assurance Team to internal customers that achieve optimal, sustainable commercial, reputational, HSE, technical, quality and operational outcomes for Origin, and meet annual IG Supply Chain KPIs
- Assist and contribute to the implementation of value-add initiatives for the Purchasing & Assurance Team, with the aim to reduce the cost of unconventional gas in Australia to enable Origin to continue to compete and deliver value to shareholders
- Participate and contribute to a cultural platform that promotes innovation, entrepreneurial solutions, collaboration and value delivery with the customer experience
- Continuously strive to identify and achieve solutions to improve business practices, automation, engagement with internal stakeholders, spend optimisation and value-add to Origin's objectives
- Identification of spending optimisation initiatives to deliver significant value across IG programs
Is This You?
To succeed in this role, you have demonstrated strong knowledge of theories and practices relevant to purchasing and category management, with proven capacity to deliver optimal and relevant commercial solutions. You also possess strong stakeholder engagement experience (internal and external), to achieve optimal purchasing outcomes. We also believe you have proven capacity to deliver value outcomes through expert negotiation skills.
Your excellent interpersonal skills and your ability to build and maintain relationships with ease will combine naturally with your capacity to communicate at the right level of detail appropriate to your target audience. It follows that you will be service oriented, and a strong communicator both orally and in writing, enabling you to liaise effectively with your team and across the wider Integrated Gas business. Excellent problem solving skills and a flexible approach is both key requirements for this position, so is experience in Oracle or SAP ERP systems.
A degree in commercial, legal, business, procurement or engineering is essential, preferably combined with a minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience. Prior experience within an oil and gas/resource environment will be considered advantageous, as will experience in implementing risk or assurance process changes.
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Job Requisition: 54323