Reporting to a Lead Project Engineer (and ultimately the Superintendent) of the Rail Engineering Project team, you will be responsible for the development and execution of projects using the Engineering Core Processes.
You will require the ability to work alongside our stakeholders to make our business a better place. The Engineering Core Processes will guide your work and you will have a number of supportive mentors to help.
Your duties will include:
- Committing to the BHP Charter – our overriding principles on how we treat each other and our stakeholders.
- Committing to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Complying with Engineering Core Processes and standards to enable your projects to deliver sustainable and business beneficial outcomes
- Deliver initiation, ID/SPS/DPS and Execution project phases (Note: BHP follow normal industry project process and you are encouraged to apply even if you do not understand specific BHP terms)
- Demonstrating good project management discipline, with accountabilities such as quality of deliverables, budget controls, schedule milestones, program management (critical paths), risk management, scope changes, etc.
- Interacting with vendors and contractor companies, including the preparation and award of tender packages.
- University degree in an Engineering subject or Project Management qualifications
- Experience in working in a team and using expertise in practical judgement to ensure projects are delivered safely and to a high degree of quality
- Experience in delivering capital, construction or brownfields improvement projects, with demonstrable outcomes meeting safety, cost, and schedule targets
- Ability to work collaboratively in a tight-knit and supportive environment where constant challenges will require your full attention to be professional and inclusive at all times
With this role, you have the choice of either being residentially based in Port Hedland or fly-in fly-out from Perth to Port Hedland on a 5/2 4/3 roster with options for flexible work arrangements. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference Number – 55294
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.