At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We have an exciting opportunity to join the Production team in Port Hedland in the role of Project Officer. Offered as residential position, working on a 5x2 (Monday to Friday) roster and reporting to the Superintendent Production, your duties will include:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Key interface between execution, A&I and engineering functions to enable the delivery of improvement projects within Port Operations improving safety, availability, utilisation and rate;
- Provide leadership through Production project execution
- Development and delivery of capital works budget
- Focus on improving work management efficiency throughout the Port Production team;
- Provide coaching and direction to maintenance and production personnel around fault investigation and rectification;
- Use production data to identify opportunities to improve plant performance
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations (this is a Section 44 Appointment);
- Coordinate and supervise contractors where appropriate and as required
LocationThis position will be offered to the successful candidate as working and residing in Port Hedland. You have the opportunity to join a vibrant, 15,000-strong population who enjoy well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. Port Hedland offers a range of excellent sporting and leisure amenities including a newly built aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Nature lovers will appreciate being surrounded by beaches and mangroves, which are home to an abundance of fish and native wildlife. You will find yourself within easy distance to spectacular Broome, as well as the Karratha and Karijini National Parks. We will provide you with subsidised rental accommodation (company housing) and utilities (power and water).
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A safety focused individual who is engaging, energetic and comfortable working in a fast paced environment;
- Knowledge of and experience in an execution background, with a track record of successfully delivering small to medium scale improvement projects;
- Demonstrated ability to lead organisational change in team environments;
- Confident communicator who is able to engage and influence stakeholders at various levels;
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills;
- Analytical mind-set, with the ability to identify trends in data to help drive improvement and change;
- Working knowledge of SAP and MS Suite;
- Experience in with mobile and fixed plant production environments advantageous;
- A current, C Class Australian drivers’ licence
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Job Reference - 64452Please note that shortlisting and interviews may be conducted prior to advertising close on Monday 13th of August 2018