Part leader, part mentor, and part consultant, our team of Project Managers comprises an unusual mix of project management and consulting skills, along with a passion for technology. We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, and leading the communication with the end customer. As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project.
Are you passionate about using technology to solve some of the challenging problems facing the largest companies and government agencies around the world? Do you value the deployment of solutions into production with real world impact? Are you obsessive about the quality and consistency of the work you do in leading teams to deliver value and meeting the mission of our customers?
If so, the Project Manager position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
- Leading one or more teams at a time to successfully deliver on customer solutions, following Microsoft's defined delivery methodology
- Ensuring adherence to cost, schedule, and scope constraints by tracking budget and forecasts utilizing a formal Statement of Work (SOW)
- Working with the customer to manage the scope of an engagement and make adjustments throughout the course of the engagement
- Advocating adherence to industry standard processes
- Providing actionable coaching feedback to team members to foster continuous improvement in the spirit of a growth mindset
- Travel to customer sites may be required
- Delivers engagements within the constraints of a scope, schedule, features/functionality, and budget
- Manages the work that must be done in order to deliver an integrated solution usually composed of products, services, or a formalized solution offering.
- Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks.
- Executes established (as mutually agreed to) policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment.
- Manages (as mutually agreed) Microsoft resources, partners and/or customer resources and materials (equipment, supplies, stock, or consumable/perishable items) used to complete tasks in a project.
- Maintains the Master Project Plan
- Integrates with virtual and offshore teams as well as participating in any relevant virtual team planning and implementation.
- Provides guidance to junior team members and peers.
- Follows the principles of the Services Foundational Principles (SFP), Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and the Services Delivery Methodology (SDM) in project delivery.
- Australian Citizen with NV1 clearence required
- Experience in Public Sector
- PMP certification with real-world experience, additional certifications are an advantage
- Experienced in day to day project management including executive relationship management, staffing, milestones, cost management and deliverables
- BS or BA degree, or equivalent work experience for large scale enterprise IT solution delivery management
- 10+ years hands-on project management experience, including successful delivery of complex projects for enterprise class customers
- Experience in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading teams (when you lead, do people follow?)
- Excellent oral and written communication including strong executive presence at the CXO level
- Broad understanding and experience with the Microsoft platform or equivalent
- Ability to identify risks before they occur and to develop mitigation and avoidance strategies
- Demonstrated self-learner
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.