Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Brisbane.
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services. Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
Schindler Lifts Australia is a part of the Schindler Group. We are one of the largest suppliers of new escalators, elevators and moving walkways in Australia today, employing 1000 employees across Australia who design, install, service and modernise urban transport systems for almost every building type. At Schindler, we differentiate ourselves with our modern technology and innovative people.
Mobility is the goal
We have an opportunity for an experienced and qualified Project Manager to join our team based in Brisbane. In this role, you will require strong project management, leadership and interpersonal skills. You will work within a dynamic and successful team with an impressive client list and with the support of a strong management structure. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of our new installation projects to ensure that the project is achieved on time and on budget.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Providing detailed schedules and contract management for projects from initiation to delivery
- Management of our installation teams ensuring that project milestones are met
- Reporting on, assessing and analysing project performance and taking appropriate action to prevent overruns
- Positive and focused financial management of projects to budget and delivery times
- Effective and timely communication to all parties regarding technical information, resolution of issues and achievement of project requirements
Mobility needs you
A degree, diploma or trade qualification in either architecture, building, engineering, electrical or mechanical disciplines and high-level understanding of forecasting, budgeting and contract administration is essential. You will also need to possess:
- Demonstrated project management experience in the construction or building/services industry
- A consistent track record in running multiple projects to tight and demanding deadlines
- A strong focus on safety, quality, environment and customer relationships
- Previous people management and leadership skills, with the ability to adjust work and material requirements to meet schedules and customer demands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-motivation and high levels of energy and enthusiasm
This role is an excellent opportunity for you to either expand your existing project management skills in a larger, global organisation. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop both personally and professionally in a supportive and inclusive environment, working with a great bunch of people. Schindler have a great culture that is people focused. We work hard but we also like to play. Package includes a great annual salary, competitive bonus program, opportunity to access educational support, access to staff discount scheme, a wide variety of social activities - even a day off for your birthday.
Do you want to move the future with us?
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a Global Industry Leader and believe that you possess the required skills and qualifications to succeed in this role, please complete our online application form.
In order to satisfy Australian Work Rights you must have either Permanent Residency / Australian Citizenship or demonstrate a minimum of five (5) years work experience and relevant qualifications to the position you are applying for. If you are an existing Schindler employee, please ensure you have discussed your application with your line manager prior to applying.
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces; women, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background or a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment agents for any position, this includes those that are submitted directly to the company or where the recruiter has contacted a manager.