CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
CPB Contractors are currently seeking expressions of interest for Project Engineers, Site Managers and Supervisors to join our Building team to sit within the project team for upcoming opportunities in regional Queensland.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to a culture of ‘Safety & Health above all else
- Leading engineering and supervision teams to deliver works in accordance with project specifications, budgets and schedules;
- Forecasting against budget positions to Project Manager;
- Ensuring comprehensive records are established and maintained to assist decision making
- Ensuring the satisfactory implementation of the project management system
- Generate client and internal reports for progress and to coordinate/schedule the execution of system verification walk downs;
- Negotiating with the Client for best for project technical resolution for non-conforming works
- Maintaining productive relationships with the Project Team, client representatives, sub-contractors, foreman, consultants and the community
- Coordinating and supervising direct workforce and subcontractors in an effective and responsive manner
- Development, management and coordination of daily/weekly/monthly programmes
- Monitoring of progress, quality & compliance to company and client specifications and standards
- Demonstrating a personal commitment to & supporting a culture of "Safety & Health above all else"
- Contributing to a culture of 'Safety & Health above all else
- Liaising with client and design representatives to deliver works in accordance with project specifications and in accordance with set production and schedule targets
- Development and management of daily cost reporting
- Managing the procurement of materials which meet project specifications and program timeframes
- Day to day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of subcontractors;
- Monitoring key project requirements and implementing prompt corrective action if required, to ensure they are achieved in line with agreed specifications
- Ensuring that relevant stakeholders requirements are met by building and maintaining productive internal and external relationships
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Relevant qualifications;
- Previous experience in a similar role on a large engineering/construction project;
- Previous experience in commercial building;
- A passionate leader of safety cultures;
- Demonstrated competency in areas of technical and production management in self-performed structures operations; and the
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively in team environments.
To support our Mission and Principles, we need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
To register your interest working with CPB please submit your expression of interest application via the 'Apply Now' Link.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.