Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge… optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we’re not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Development Manager to join the Strategy & Growth business unit. This role is based at the Thiess office in Perth and reports to the Manager, Proposal Delivery, with the primary focus of planning, reviewing, submitting and winning client-centric proposals for the Western Region of APAC and also supporting any opportunities in Africa.
- Manage new services development projects from scoping and design to development of appropriate business plans.
- Support the development of prospect value propositions, project delivery models and partner selections.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the Thiess tendering systems and processes to ensure best practice and successful outcomes, in accordance with the Strategy & Growth Business Strategy and Thiess Blueprint requirements.
- Prepare a “Strategy to Win” for each Tender/Proposal managed that fully addresses the Client’s requirements, incorporates the outcomes of a comprehensive Thiess and Competitor SWOT analysis, incorporates value-adding best practice solutions and profitable delivery methodology and satisfies the requirements of the Strategy & Growth team and appropriate Regional Manager.
- Lead and manage seconded teams to plan, develop, review, approve, submit, negotiate and handover mining services EOIs/Tenders/Proposals as agreed.
- Assist with preparing a comprehensive Tender Handover Pack of all as-sold contract information and coordinate explanation and timely handover of this information to the Establishment/Transition and Operations teams.
- Develop and maintain a Stakeholder & Client relationship management plan throughout each Tender and project establishment lifecycle to ensure early and ongoing stakeholder/client engagement.
To be considered for this role, a Mining or Engineering degree qualification is desirable, as is demonstrated experience in the following:
- Minimum 8 years working within a matrixed mining project environment (or similar)
- History with business, project development and project management
- Successfully led Projects and/or Major Project Tenders, achieving on time delivery within quality requirements
- Successfully managed new project start-ups or site operations projects
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Proven commercial acumen and familiarity with a range of commercial models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act decisively within authority limits, drive performance and influence outcomes
This role, although based in Perth, will require interstate and international travel from time to time.
If you are a confident, energetic and self-motivated individual who likes to experience different challenges on a regular basis and enjoys working in a dynamic environment, then please apply online by 27 March 2018.