Your role will be critical in leading the successful delivery of multiple projects to production readiness. You will oversee multiple projects, acting as a primary point of contact to the Project sponsor and delivery agents to consolidate an integrated delivery plan.
The NEO division is divided into an Engineering group, four Operational pillars and one shared NEO Transformation & Governance (NTG) team. The Residential Products Project Delivery team is part of NTG and supports the engineering and operational pillars through expertise in business requirements and analysis, operating model design, change and overall project management. This role will report to the Program Director within the Residential Products team
Please note, this is a 24 month fixed term opportunity. Although your contract will have an end date, you will enjoy the full advantages of permanent employment.
A bit about your role
Your key accountabilities would include:
- Project Management - Business Outcomes: Proactively understand the business outcomes to be achieved and be able to recommend changes to optimise outcomes
- Core Team Management: Proactively lead a team of technical and non-technical resources to deliver project outcomes
- Stakeholder Management: Proactively identify and work with project stakeholders across NBN to deliver project outcomes
- Project Management – Practices: Adhere to standard project management practices across stages of the project lifecycle (e.g. schedule management, risk management, change management, etc.)
- Manage and develop direct team resources
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to continuous improvement of project management practices
A bit about you
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering, Business or similar
- Formal project management training in one of Prince 2, AIPM, PMBOK or equivalent
- Min 5 years experience in Telecommunications industry
- Min 10 years experience in the management of Telco Projects >$4M
- Min 10 years Management experience of project teams >12 Subject Matter expertise
- Experience deploying projects in the Telco Networks Engineering and Operations environment
You should also be comfortable with change – nbn is a fast moving organization with a lot of change and new challenges every day. We think it’s great, but understand it’s not for everyone.
Life at nbn
At nbn you’ll be joining a team that believes there is strength in diversity and opportunity through inclusion. We’re building an inclusive and diverse workplace where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued and people are supported to achieve their potential. We’re committed to our goal of increasing the presence of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the business and have a focus on increasing diversity amongst our leadership teams.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
nbn is a fast moving organisation with lots to deliver - so we may not always wait until the job ad expires before reviewing applications. As a result, you should submit your application as soon as possible!
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.