- Inspire and make a difference
- Drive success within the team
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (part time, work from home)
AECOM is currently seeking a Sustainability Consultant to join our team in Melbourne. In this role you will lead and be involved in sustainability design on projects, primarily in the building industry across various sectors including education, health, defence, commercial property and transport infrastructure.
You will contribute to the growth and development of a sustainable and profitable business within the ESD discipline, through project delivery, development of your own technical skills and assisting in the development of the team's capability. Additional responsibilities will include but not be restricted to the following;
- Use building simulation and practical engineering and architectural knowledge to develop sustainable and innovative building designs.
- Contribute to our strong client facing market presence and provide professional services to both our local and international clients
- Lead and work on sustainable development and adaptation and resilience projects
- Hands on ESD design for relevant projects
- Contribute to the development of building designs, specifically in the areas of energy modelling, performance analysis, and sustainable building technologies
- Lead and have the ability to carry out sustainability studies and assessments including:
-Computational fluid dynamic simulation
- Daylight and glare assessments
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a related industry in a similar role
- Experience and knowledge in building physics including energy, thermal comfort, glare and daylight studies and the application of relevant rating tools (Green Star, NABERS, WELL, and Passive House)
- Knowledge of relevant energy simulation software, e.g. IES, Grasshopper, DIVA, etc.
- Good understanding of the Australian sustainability market
- Good understanding of building engineering, including; building services, structural engineering, façade and architectural systems and the practicalities of integrating sustainable design initiatives into these disciplines
- Ability to undertake project and technical analyses and report on results
- Strong verbal and written communication and client facing skills and ability to influence
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible work arrangement that include flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave options
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities