**- Join a world leader in the construction materials industry
- Culture focused on the recognition of effort and rewards for achievement
- Great working environment and company culture**
About Holcim Australia
Holcim is one of the world's leading suppliers of construction materials including cement, aggregates concrete & precast products with 80,000 people in 70 countries around the world with annual sales in excess of US$20 Billion.
With a strong focus on sustainable development, Holcim's values are strength, performance & passion. We have been supplying Australia's construction industry including major infrastructure, civil & mining sectors for more than 100 years. Holcim Australia employs 3,000+ people & operates over 300 sites in every state & territory.
Our Humes business is Australia's leading provider of engineered concrete solutions for the civil construction industry. We pride ourselves on delivering customised solutions to maximise installation, performance & budgetary outcomes for our clients.
About the role
Due to an increased workload we are looking to hire an experienced Precast Team Leader to join our Blacktown precast production plant.
Your primary role is to supervise & train staff on the production floor.
- Positively influence conformance with Safety
- Provide leadership on the quality of output
- Ensure correct recording production output, downtime, reject, rework on sheets provided and communicating appropriately with your team
- Fulfil job planning and prestart requirements.
- Provide hands-on practical advice & knowledge to the team.
- Assist the Supervisor by monitoring and recording inventory levels of raw materials and finished goods.
- Identify and coordinate necessary cleaning, repairs and maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Assist in the maintaining of clean and tidy work areas.
- Ensure all tools & work gear are put away at shift end.
- Communicate production targets & efficiency initiatives to the team
First and foremost you lead by example and know how to energise your team. People turn to you because you have considerable knowledge and because of your ability to think on your feet when under pressure.
These skills have been developed because of your passion for the industry and your enthusiasm is infectious. Above all else you enjoy seeing the fruits of your labour and take great pride in meeting your targets.
- Significant experience of batching and casting concrete
- Proven ability leading a team of 10 or more staff.
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Hold relevant licenses & certification
- Familiarity with Australian standards
- Strong work ethic
Why join Holcim Australia?
- We invest in the development of our people, providing a variety of careers within the company both locally & globally.
- We are dedicated to our environment & the communities where we live and work in.
- We strive for best practice across our entire business. We are industry leaders in safety management, environmental performance, social responsibility, sales force effectiveness & operational efficiency.
Find out where Holcim can take your career by applying today.