At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Have you wanted to join a leading International Mining company lacked the mining experience required? Are you currently in a leadership role in a major leading organization? BHP has a new exciting opportunity for you to join us at our Mt Arthur Coal Operations based in the gorgeous Hunter Valley. This position is an outstanding development opportunity to gain exposure to mining and further develop your leadership abilities. This Diverse leadership role is a great opportunity to enter the mining industry at a Supervisor level based position.
You will utilise innovative approaches, tools and technology to add real value to our Mt Arthur site – setting new standards to guide improvement activity, elevating and supporting our people.
In this role you will:
- Analyze and evaluate current systems and structures;
- Assist and encourage the development of objectives, strategies and plans aiming at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of organisation’s resources;
- Implement strategies to improve the health and safety of employees;
- Enable the overarching objectives of Operational Leadership Team by leading and coordinating projects which require the collaboration of multidisciplinary teams;
- Undertake and review work studies by analyzing existing and proposed methods and procedures;
- Influence a high performance culture in Safety, Culture and Productivity through participation on various steering committees and taskforces;
- Strong organisational skills to effectively juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines;
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with a proven ability to engage, manage and build relationships with senior stakeholders;
- Creativity with the ability to think outside the box to achieve outcomes;
- Understanding of tactical decision making and prioritising for value; and
- Experience and ability to lead teams of 15 or more.
With an outstanding reputation as an effective people leader you will demonstrate the following:
- Ideally, but not essential, you will be tertiary qualified in engineering, science business improvement and strategy, commerce, or business management;
- You have proven experience in developing and implementing operational improvement strategies in large complex organizations, not necessarily Mining or resources;
- Skilled in stakeholder engagement, collaboration and influencing others, and leading change;
- Project Management skills would be highly valuable;
- Ability to recognize where value can be added and the organisational and influencing skills to deliver against commitments; and
- A commitment to excellence and BHPs Charter.
Working with a team of dynamic professionals focused on continuous improvement, your diversity of thought and practical experience will be embraced. You will be working with a Manager who encourages open communication and will empower you to utilise your existing knowledge and skills to make a real difference.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.