Zendesk is looking for a Product Manager to develop and grow Outbound - a proactive engagement tool for brands to communicate with their customers across email, mobile push, SMS and in-product message, throughout the customer journey.
We’re beyond the age of ‘marketing blasts’, the vision for Outbound is to help brands send fewer but more relevant messages through automation, measuring effectiveness, using control groups and communicating at the right time and on the right channel.
You and your team will revolutionise how organisations talk to and build relationships with their customers.
What you’ll get to do every day:
Working with the Head of Product, you will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop the Outbound product into the best proactive engagement tool in the industry. You’ll be pivotal in delivering value to current and future customers, as well as playing a key role in taking an early stage business to product-market fit and beyond.
Located with our growing team in Melbourne, you will:
- Drive product development as an Agile Product Owner for one of our engineering teams in Melbourne; you will work daily with our design and engineering teams to iterate existing features and bring new ones to market.
- Work with customers and potential customers to better understand how their perspectives/needs/wants and desires can shape the direction as well as the look and feel of the product.
- Collaborate with our global product marketing, sales, and customer experience teams to develop launch strategy, on-boarding, product packaging, and training.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a MINIMUM of 3 years experience as a product manager working directly with an engineering team
- Demonstrated passion for beautifully simple online user experiences; you can proudly share your work on previous commercial web applications that you have delivered to market as a Product Owner and can speak to its creative and technical aspects
- Ability to rally a product development team around a vision of the future: gathering input from the team, customers, and the market to take your product on that journey
- Accountability and self-directed work ethic necessary to successfully collaborate and drive initiatives forward, with multiple geographically distributed teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to other key stakeholders
- Ability to travel to San Francisco once per quarter to work with the product team and other stakeholders at our headquarters
* YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE*
Zendesk is the leading provider of proven, cloud-based help desk software. For growing organisations, Zendesk is the fastest way to enable great customer service. More than 100,000+ Zendesk customers, including Adobe, Sony, OpenTable and Groupon trust Zendesk with their most valuable assets: their customers, partners, and employees.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.