- Partner to align the Procurement vision in achieving business objectives
- Change Agent
- Sydney CBD
At Caltex, we make life easier. We keep millions of people moving every day, and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions in complex, often diverse operating environments. Where do you come in?
We've begun our journey to transform convenience in the Australian market and we're looking for energetic people who want to join our growing team.
We now require a Procurement Category Manager to develop and manage category, contract and supplier strategies that deliver sustained value and provide Caltex with a competitive advantage. You will align with the procurement strategic plan and comply with procurement policies and processes.
Reporting to the Retail Portfolio Manager, you will:
- Partner with key leaders within the business units and other stakeholders to lead the development, implementation and performance management of enterprise wide category, contract and supplier strategies that safely harness the power of supply markets for competitive advantage.
- Act as a trusted commercial advisor and an expert deriving value whilst meeting operational needs and supporting business partners to achieve their business objectives.
- Apply organisation change management tools and techniques to influence business stakeholders to improve value and operational efficiency.
- Advise on all aspects of category and supplier management, sourcing activity, including setting strategy, negotiation approaches, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Contribute to the development of embedding Caltex procurement expertise across the organisation, supporting Caltex values and impacting the key financial metrics.
- Adopt new methods and processes in order to deliver outcomes and meet the business partners' needs, consistently challenging existing standards.
- Develop and prepare reporting as required.
You have a demonstrated a capacity to translate strategy into action with sound experience in leading cross functional teams from conception to project completion. You are a talented negotiator with an ability to successfully influence and engage a diverse group of stakeholders and communicate key information effectively.
Tertiary qualified, you have proven commercial management experience within a large complex organisation. Your MCIPS or equivalent procurement or postgraduate qualifications are preferred. Exposure within Construction of Equipment sectors would be an advantage, but not essential. Your previous career choices have framed your ability to sell the procurement vision and as a successful change agent you manage through core values, keeping the customer at the centre of all activity.
If we've got your interest, we encourage you to submit an application because we would love to tell you more. Click 'Apply Online' below to register your interest.
At Caltex, we're with you all the way. We keep millions of people moving every day, and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and a growing convenience retailer. We're a diverse, multi-faceted business full of people ready to make a difference, and we're evolving which means we've got a variety of career opportunities In different areas.
Our culture is open and team-orientated and lets our employees be themselves while achieving great results. Our core company values - Connect to win, Find new ways, Own it, Make a difference for customers and Never stop caring- act as a roadmap to ensure we continue to make life easier for our customers, for our partners and for each other.
Working at Caltex has many potential benefits, including:
- Flexible work options (enabled through technology)
- Career development opportunities
- BabyCare Package (including a BabyCare bonus).
- Paid Parental Leave
- Corporate health plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Study reimbursement
- Opportunities to relocate intra and interstate
- Employee Share Scheme
- Personal Performance Bonus and Company Incentive Scheme
- Two x Star Card with a 25% fuel discount, for a privately-owned private-use vehicle
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates to apply.