The Procurement Category Lead role will be required to lead procurement and transformation activities in the ANZ Geographic Unit for their category. This will involve leading both global as well as local geographic initiatives to implementation.
This role will liaise with all levels of stakeholders within the category, other on-shore category leads, off-shore support teams, and will report to the ANZ Geographic Unit Procurement Lead.
The role will provide category insight, advice, and influence to category stakeholders (client) and team. This will involve insightful category management, including the creation of potential transformation activity and/or process improvement in order to align with future aspirations for both global on ongoing Geographic Services category requirements.
This role will work with the ANZ Procurement team, regional category leads, and relevant stakeholders to implement and manage the transformation of future initiatives and business requirements. This role will also require agility to support and manage any future category requirements.
This role with report to the ANZ Procurement Leader.
Strategic and Tactical Category Management
- Identification and implementation of a category profile, in-depth understanding of the category, category strategic planning, and category pipeline activity, aligned with Global Procurement transformation strategy and local stakeholder requirements.
- Stakeholder relationship management and strong engagement across both Global and GU stakeholders and leadership to ensure that all objectives are being achieved.
- Interface with customers to kick-off any project planning, sourcing effort, including facilitating initial data gathering and scoping of project for the delivery organization
- Assess viability and prioritisation of projects and set customer expectations given Accenture's experience and current market conditions.
- Work as subject matter expert along with various Accenture teams to execute sourcing projects and category guidance.
- Present recommendations and strategy plans of the sourcing activity back to GU and Leadership for implementation.
- Accountability for delivery of category strategies, pipeline, and transformational sourcing activities.
Supplier and Compliance Management
- Liaise with legal and risk teams (both on and off shore) to ensure probity across all vendor arrangements in category.
- Develop key supplier performance metrics and associated tracking/monitoring systems using existing procurement systems.
- Review performance of key suppliers periodically and develop action plans for improvement.
- Identify key factors of supplier risk and monitor suppliers to mitigate supply disruptions.
- Track overall compliance of suppliers and buyers to contract terms and develop action plans for improvements if required.
- Measure performance versus contract terms and report back to key customer stakeholders.
Contracting and Implementation
- Manage ultimate contracting process for strategic suppliers, including price and terms negotiations (along with internal client team)
- Develop detailed implementation plan for new contracts, including project management of new supplier approvals if required.
- Develop and manage ongoing supplier relationship management plans.
- Implementation and ownership of global and local initiatives as they arise.
- Recommend Improvements and drive growth across the category.
- Review operational results and identify opportunities for process changes to drive additional savings and improve overall results.
- Assist in maintenance of category databases and track relevant market trends.
- Support procurement operational projects based on regional or globally led initiatives.
- Ensure all mandatory documents are properly filed and maintained for audit readiness where appropriate.
- Support the ANZ Procurement Lead with general organization activities and participate in sourcing initiatives as requested.
- Work with GU Leadership and assigned account teams to obtain spend data, specific to category.
Conduct interviews with buyers and key customer stakeholders to determine existing strategies, priorities, and constraints. Work with the ANZ Procurement to report and prioritise initiatives and deliverables.
Tertiary education (Procurement or Project Management preferred)
5 years minimum of Procurement or Category Management experience in a Global Organization
Outsourcing experience in workplace services (food, print, facilities management) for a professional services company or in finance/banking/corporate services is required
Preferably with experience in leading outsourced transformation and working with facilities management and property/real estate customers
Team/People Management skills a plus but not necessary
Flexibility to work across multiple procurement categories and to support cross-pollination of the full ANZ procurement team
Strong project management and organisational skills
Strong category management and strategic sourcing skills
Previous experience in leading and implementing transformation projects
Computer literacy (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – minimum level: Intermediate
Ability to coach and mentor direct reports (if required)
Ability to work comfortably with all levels of the organisation
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong relationship management skills and a proactive customer-focused approach with enthusiasm to create change
Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Team player whilst able to work autonomously to drive projects to completion
Ability to demonstrate initiative and confidence
Flexibility and agility
Problem-solving / analytical skills
Thorough / detailed approach to work
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us atwww.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.