Jira Service Desk is a recent Service Management solution from Atlassian. Built on top of Jira, Jira Service Desk gives its customers one platform to track service requests, and collaborate with your team behind the scenes to deliver the best service. With Incident management, self-service, SLAs and much more, Jira Service Desk gives you everything you need to setup a robust and intuitive IT service desk.
The Jira Service Desk team is comprised of fun, passionate and highly-experienced individuals who all enjoy playing and working together as a team.
As a Principal Product Manager on the Jira Service Desk (JSD) team you will be responsible for managing the product strategy and a line of business for the product team. This includes:
- Helping to define the product vision
- Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements
- Planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle
- Creating the business case for new product add-ons and working closely with engineering, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Define and track key business and usage analytics data to measure success for product areas you own
The Principal Product Manager will work across multiple streams of features to provide guidance and direction to assure the success of the product, including both features they are directly responsible for, as well as other feature areas managed by other Product Managers within their product. You will also act as a player/coach among Product Managers in their team – helping and guiding efforts across the product while also owning specific feature sets and deliverables.
More about you
You have a passion for building amazing products that customers love.
- Strategy and Leadership skills
- Attention to detail; we want you to care about the small things just as much as the big things
- You can balance prioritising competing opportunities (including evaluating customer needs with business priorities)
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and articulating a user case
- You’ve got charisma in spades; you will need to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You’re social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of product management experience in a high growth software product organisation
- You have prior success defining and launching excellent products.
- You are a strategic thinker (but can get down in the weeds too) with great creative and innovative problem-solving skills