At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success and join us as Principal Strategic Risk.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our Global Risk function which is undergoing a significant and exciting shift toward becoming an integrated, world-class function. We now have full authority over the organisation’s risk management framework, allowing us to think and operate as ‘one team’ in order to change the organisation mind-set and build a risk aware culture. We are working smarter, using fit-for-purpose tools and techniques to broaden and deepen BHP’s “risk radar”, playing a pivotal role in ensuring BHP delivers its’ strategy.
We are enabling the continuous improvement of the Company’s strategic risk exposure, including emerging, strategy and catastrophic risks. We are also supporting the Company to take risks for superior strategic returns by increasing the likelihood of positive outcomes.
As the Principal Strategic Risk, you will:
- Provide risk ‘Intelligence’ to support strategic decisions and planning, ensuring the Company’s risk profile is considered from both a bottom-up aggregation and top-down delegation perspective.
- Utilise your deep understanding of the operating context to shape and communicate priorities.
- Analyse and review risks and controls to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Aggregate risks across the Company’s risk profile to determine the top risks and associated dependencies across all risk types.
- Monitor strategy risks and Key Risk Indicators in line with defined Risk Appetite Statement.
- Proactively identify emerging risks working with Risk Owners for assessment and preparedness planning.
- Work with business leaders to ensure risk is consistently considered in strategic decisions, ensuring and that plans are implemented to increase the likelihood of positive outcomes and superior returns.
- Collaborate with Risk Business Partner teams and ‘first line’ to perform a ‘deep dive’ schedule on the most catastrophic risks and drive continual improvement in their management.
- Assist in the interpretation of top risks in the risk profile ensuring that risk appetite is considered in strategic decision-making.
- Determine when subject matter expertise is required and define where pro-active risk deep dives are required to support the completeness of risk representation.
You will be a tertiary qualified Professional with experience in mining, oil, gas or large projects, and possess;
- Risk management experience and knowledge of professional standards (ISO31000, COSO, and RIMS).
- Strong analytical skills and evaluative judgment based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated situations.
- Well-developed communication skills, with the courage to challenge assumptions and achieve change through influence with diverse and global stakeholders.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Applications close Sunday 27th January 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date and a Federal Police clearance will be conducted. #LIQL