At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Principal rolling Stock Engineer provides specialist expertise to support the delivery of the business plan by developing asset management and maintenance strategies which deliver optimal outcomes in safety, productivity and operating cost. The preference for this role is 5/2 Residential, flexibility to FIFO is available only on a 5/2/4/3 roster. Core Functional Accountabilities:
- Identifies Critical Controls in the maintenance strategies to manage material risks in the workplace as per the Risk Management process.
- Optimises maintenance strategies by collaborating with maintenance execution, Supply, Finance and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).Prepares asset management and maintenance strategies and their associated documentation through use of proactive defect elimination and reliability principles.
- Includes precision maintenance principles, warranty requirements and replication of best practice into maintenance strategies to enable quality and reliable maintenance execution outcomes.
- Makes sure that maintenance strategies are developed with accurate Master Data.
You will have extensive experience in rail rolling stock, locos and wagons.Functional Experience:
- Has lead maintenance strategy development and reliability improvement initiatives to deliver equipment performance using reliability methodologies.
- Experience in the practical application of maintenance strategies to meet risk, cost and operating envelope objectives.
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of rolling stock including locomotives and ore cars/wagons (at business discretion).
- Experience leading / engaging people and creating and environment of trust and collaboration amongst different operational teams / crews / shifts / suppliers / OEMs.
- Experience / exposure prioritising different projects or resources, articulating and presenting analyses and results to diverse audiences ranging from operational crews to senior leadership.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.