AECOM’s market leading Renewable Energy business in Australia is seeking to expand the team in Sydney. We are looking for an experienced renewables engineer who has a passion for technical excellence and who enjoy the challenge of delivering a diverse portfolio of energy projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be actively involved in an innovative and highly motivated team of energy professionals currently delivering landmark utility scale solar, wind and energy storage projects throughout Australia and internationally.
The team is currently delivering on a range of projects including design, Owner’s Engineer and project management roles as well as front end work such site identification and evaluation, feasibility studies, business case development, concept design and grid connection studies associated with future generation and storage projects.
As a Principal Renewables Engineer you will be a senior member of the business and responsible for leading project teams and the delivery of these projects, mentoring junior team members, and developing and maintaining client relationships.
You will ideally have a background in the engineering consulting industry working with renewable energy developers, asset owners or power utilities. The successful candidate will have strong technical acumen and the desire to grow their career at AECOM.
You will have demonstrable experience including:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Significant engineering consulting experience, preferably in the renewable energy sector
- 10 years’ post graduate experience is considered the minimum for the role with not less than 5 years working in the energy sector.
- Analytical experience including energy generation or financial modelling
- Project and engineering management of power plant developments including pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, concept design, design review and technical advisor roles, specification, detailed design, site supervision, commissioning, testing, and acceptance
- Leading and managing a multidiscipline team of engineers
- Knowledge of the major power generation technologies and the major equipment OEMs and plant suppliers
- Familiarity with the power project development process in Australia
- Familiarity with simulation and analysis software, such as PVsyst, Glaregauge or PSSE desirable but not essential
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications for EPC, EPCM, and BOO contracts for the implementation of power projects
- Familiarity with power station concepts, layout, and ancillary systems
- The desire and aptitude to drive business development activities is essential
- Experience of solar, wind and power reticulation equipment selection
- Experience with other power generation technologies, e.g. energy storage, biofuels or hydrogen would be advantageous.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Power
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.