At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.As a member of the Project Contracts & Procurement Supply sub-function for Minerals Australia, you will be responsible for working collaboratively to implement and manage contracts according to the approved strategy with an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
A core focus of this role will be the engagement with our Projects Development team to develop front-end contracting strategies and the management of our tendering process to deliver best value for our projects. As part of the role you will be expected to foster collaborative relationships with our supply chain to drive improved transparency and engagement with the market. You will be required to travel to Company offices and sites from time to time when requested.
- Development of strategies, undertake sourcing and execute new contracts compliant with the BHP Charter, Code of Conduct, Group Level Documents (GLDs), Functional Level Requirements (FLRs) and relevant statutory obligations.
- Take the lead on facilitating meetings with internal and external stakeholders to sponsor deeper relationships with key supply chain partners.
- Liaise with other teams within BHP Supply on collaborative tendering strategies that deliver spend aggregation benefits.
- Monitor performance of work under contract at both project and portfolio levels in line with contracted Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain business intelligence of market conditions and external risks and opportunities.
- Manage the documentation and review/ approval process for the execution of variation/ amendment requests for contracts to company guidelines.
- Review and respond to potential new vendors with suitable responses to business development enquiries.
- Escalate contractual issues to relevant stakeholders and coordinate the resolution process including the facilitation and resolution of issues arising from claims, invoicing and rebates.
Ideally, you will hold a tertiary qualification (Quantity Surveying/procurement, engineering, business, law are preferred) or similar with experience within the mining and mineral resources industry. Alternatively you might have 10 plus years’ experience on the Contractor side (engineering/technical consultancies or construction) with a demonstrated understanding of project delivery.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your advanced engagement and collaboration skills in managing stakeholder relationships. Likewise, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of oral and written communication skills.
You will also possess the following:
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in applying your strengths in analysis and problem solving in order to develop business solutions;
- Significant stakeholder management experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational management skills.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
- SAP experience and experience in a mature Contract Management System (CMS) is preferred.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.