At Evolution our best discoveries are found everyday through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
- Group based position supporting all Evolution assets
- Technical and Leadership Responsibilities
- Leading Mid-tier, growth focused company
Reporting to the Group Manager – Mining, you will be responsible for contributing to the success of the Technical Services Group and achieving Evolutions Corporate and Operational goals with particular emphasis on mining engineering and, mine planning and technical studies (open pit and underground).
What will you be doing?
- Assist with the compilation and evaluation of expansion and or improvement projects including concept and pre-feasibility studies including, optimisation (Whittle and MSO), design and scheduling
- Provide technical support to Evolutions operations and technical mining functions
- Contribute to the development and review of group provincial plans including contribution to and review of Ore Reserve estimates, life of mine plans and budgets
- Maintain a close working relationship with operations, including:
- Understanding current performance against operational targets, including collecting and compiling site performance reports and benchmarks
- Keeping abreast of the status of key development projects
- Identify opportunities to optimise and improve operational mining and technical activities at operating mine sites
- Act as a "competent person" for the reporting of ore reserves under the JORC code for open pit and or underground applications as and when required
Are you the one?
- Tertiary qualification in mining engineering or relevant related discipline, with at least 10 years’ industry experience in hard rock mining.
- Demonstrated depth of experience in the mine planning cycle and associated activities in an underground and open pit environment
- Operational mining experience (Production and/or Engineering) in both underground and open pit is preferred
- Highly proficient in specialised mine planning, including optimisation and scheduling software solutions with the ability to interrogate mine plans and identify, communicate and remediate any potential threats to plan delivery
- Sound knowledge of general business principles i.e. financial / commercial disciplines, and the ability to apply these through practical optimisations, designs and scheduling
- Satisfy the requirements of a "competent person" for the reporting of ore reserves under the JORC code for open pit and or underground applications
- A mine managers certificate would be advantageous