- North Sydney location
- Senior strategic role
- Internal and external communication
- Delivery of new roads and maritime infrastructure to optimise safety and effective and efficient use
- Effective and efficient traffic management and use of the road and maritime network
- Execution of road and maritime safety policies and regulations
- Maintenance of the road and maritime infrastructure to optimise safety, traffic management and asset life.
The other delivery focused agencies making up the transport cluster include Sydney Trains, NSW Trains and the State Transit Authority. The private transport operators include private ferry operators and private bus operators.
In addition, this position is accountable for developing and implementing proactive stakeholder engagement strategies to support the Motorways Division’s strategic objectives, project outcomes and to build, enhance and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders and the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Director Motorways Communications and Executive Director Motorways by providing high-level stakeholder and media advice on matters including critical community activities and politically sensitive issues.Building capability in social and digital media channels for the Motorways Division to increase customer engagement, raise awareness of projects and enhance reputation.
- Overseeing the delivery of project related responses to media enquiries, holding statements, House Folder Notes to ensure consistency of messaging and outcomes are of a high quality, adhere to best practice communication standards and cluster requirements.
- Providing leadership, guidance and expert advice in the design of internal and external corporate communications that draw on a range of evidence based customer needs to support business planning and prioritisation of initiatives.
- Overseeing the development, delivery and ongoing management of customer information campaigns across multiple media channels in collaboration with the TfNSW marketing team.
- Providing leadership in the context of a high profile and high risk project environment and balancing competing demands and stakeholder requirements whilst ensuring consistent and high quality delivery of communications.
- Ensuring that media coverage (including social media) for Motorways and related issues is monitored to escalate emerging issues and identify themes which require specific strategies to address
Extensive experience in high level communications, stakeholder consultation and customer engagement with a record of success across a broad range of groups including government, business, general public and employees is a must. Applicants will hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as communications, business, commerce or equivalent, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
To apply, we require a cover letter which addresses the key capabilities and requirements for this position, an outline of your relevant experience and your updated resume.