At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Located in Port Hedland on a Residential or FIFO 5/2 – 4/3 arrangement, reporting to the Finance Manager, Finance Business Partnership within Port & Rail, you will have the opportunity to showcase your diverse skills and experience through a role which offers great variety and sense of accountability. You will take a leadership role whilst supporting the Port & Rail Finance Manager, the team of Specialists and Operations. Through these accountabilities, you will hold the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and coaching to the Port & Rail Finance and Operations teams on cost and value data analytic tools and techniques (eg Spotfire, BOBJ, 1SAP)
- Lead / take ownership of key team deliverables for the month-end and all other reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes and provide financial data and analytical support to Port & Rail management
- Assist with transitional activities associated with the Finance Roadmap and World Class Functions: simplification, standardisation and automation.
- Assist with the business case development/review and investment evaluation on operational capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Provide support and coverage to the site teams during peak workload periods and/or when under-resourced.
- Engage with operational teams to identify, advise and evaluate productivity and value creation initiatives.
- Coach and build business acumen with key stakeholders in financial knowledge and the use of information systems to determine cost and budget outcomes and to improve understanding of financial implications of decision making.
You will be a true Business Partner professional with a solid 10 years’ experience within resources, finance business partnership, consulting or engineering. You will be degree qualified, MBA, Commerce/Business or Engineering will be preferred, but not mandatory. Your interpersonal skills and ability to influence stakeholders will be at a superior level with natural ability to successfully communicate recommendations and win customers buy-in, both verbally and through presentation tools. Your ability to efficiently work collaboratively within a team, whilst planning and managing day-to-day and project tasks will also show your success in this role.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.