At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.BHP is busy with a very exciting and transformational initiative to build, embed and support our global Engineering Information Management (EIM) capability. This will make it easier for Projects, Operations and our engineering service providers to create, use, and maintain our engineering information.
In these newly created Principal Engineering Information Management roles you will help lead the development of our global standards, procedures and processes. You will ensure engineering information is generated, handed over, presented, maintained and governed in the most effective and efficient manner for Projects and Operations.
As an owner of these standards, procedures and processes, you will also provide functional support across BHP and guide users so that engineering information is managed in line with the minimum requirements. The Principal Engineering Information Management roles will work very closely together with key internal and external stakeholders to improve our EIM standards, data repositories and processes to make it as simple, effective, efficient and sustainable as possible.
We are recruiting for two roles: one will primarily be accountable for all the requirements around generating or modifying engineering information whilst the other will be accountable for all the requirements of hand over, governing and presenting engineering information.
- Passionate about, and a deep knowledge of, managing engineering information using leading 3D and data centric software using SmartPlant, Aveva or Bentley tools.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or equivalent.
- High degree of business acumen and a thorough understanding of the operating model and interaction between the processes, systems and people of Projects, Engineering and Operations that you have obtained through practical experience.
- Able to collaborate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, in a very large organisation spread over multiple continents, to deliver challenging outcomes.
- Extensive experience in heavy industry such as mining, petrochemical or oil and gas.
- Experience with streamlining complex processes to make them effective, efficient and easy to implement.
- Certification and experience in industry recognized improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number - 68767
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia