Due to recent project wins within our civil infrastructure team we are excited to be growing our team. We are seeking a Principal Civil Engineer for our Civil Infrastructure team based in Perth. In this role you will be a key member of our multi-disciplined design engineering team. To be successful in the role you will utilise your considerable technical and industry experience to provide civil design engineering input to project teams and/or provide civil engineering design support to other projects and activities.
You will provide leadership to professional and technical staff on complex, large scale projects that deliver high standard outcomes for AECOM clients. You will also be involved in regular client liaison, business development and winning work.
- Undertake and lead general civil work including road design and urban precinct planning for projects for both government and private clients. An appreciation of road drainage design and ancillary road design elements including road signage, linemarking, safety barriers, and utilities is necessary.
- Checking and verification of calculations, specifications and drawings
- Develop and retain the high level of technical skill
- Training and mentor junior team members
- Actively participate in business and strategic planning activities in order to identify opportunities to sustain the growth of the business in short, medium and longer term.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external parties to ensure maximum benefit is achieved for AECOM from these relationships.
- Provide high quality technical advice to clients and ensures that the needs of clients are understood and met
- Project management activities will include seeking opportunities from clients, submitting proposals, project and design management for civil infrastructure projects.
- Create high performing, motivated and engaged teams via Performance Planning, Performance Management, appropriate Reward and Recognition, learning and development opportunities
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Experience in road design with knowledge of Austroads Guide to Road Design, Roads and Maritime Services Road Design Guide and relevant local council standards.
- Preferably in excess of 10 years' experience in a civil engineering role
- Solid experience in key client contract management
- Experience in technical advisor or technical reviewer roles for clients
- Experience in successfully leading project teams
- CP Eng qualified
- Consulting experience
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Transportation
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.