As a Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer based our Newcastle Power & Industrial team, you will be involved in a number of multi-disciplinary projects throughout NSW, QLD and Asia Pacific. In particular, AECOM provides engineering consultancy services associated with mining, process plants, water infrastructure and transportation. The Senior/Principal Engineer role will primarily focus on developing and delivering electrical, mechanical and process projects to be undertaken by the team.
Some of your day to day responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Developing, encouraging and facilitating innovation in engineering solutions and work processes
- Providing mentoring and leadership to team members in both a technical and management capacity
- Providing engineering design from concept through to detail including advice and review in the field of electrical, instrumentation and controls, particularly in the power, industrial and water fields
- Contributing to bids and proposals including cost estimates and supporting materials
- Working at client sites from time to time, as required, to develop and meet project requirements
- Ensuring all electrical work is completed in accordance with Australian standards and sound engineering principles.
- Managing project teams to ensure timely provision of coordinated and quality engineering deliverables
- Contributing to the development of client relationships including identification of opportunities
We are looking for an outstanding achiever with emerging leadership skills to continue to develop our reputation as a leader in the power sector. At AECOM we are passionate about the future of the Hunter and this role presents an opportunity to help achieve transformational outcomes for our clients, working with global experts to address the complex infrastructure challenges of a transitioning economy and growing region.
You will be recognised for your technical expertise, excellent communication, client management skills and commercial acumen. In addition, you will possess the following;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) and RPEQ registration, or working towards
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional experience in water industry and/or industrial electrical, instrument and control systems engineering
- Strong skills and experience in electrical design, construction and commissioning, in particular:
- High Voltage power distribution and control
- Low Voltage power distribution and motor control
- Control systems including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and SCADA
- Serial and Ethernet Communications Networks including wireless
- Experience in being part of multi-disciplinary engineering teams for design and construction support
- Working knowledge of electrical design software including PowerCAD, CDEGs, PTW
- Current driver’s license
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Power & Industrial
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 203009BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.