At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Superintendent Project Management will be accountable for overseeing external consultants, vendors as required for support during design, capability development and implementation. These can be a virtual reporting line for the life of the project.
Your core duties include (but are not limited to):
- Designs and implements Wireless devices & services. This includes 802.11x APs, WLCs, mesh networks such as Rajant Breadcrumb & Motorola Moto mesh, private LTE, 3G APNs, etc.
- Provides radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission design;
- Designs, plans and oversees installation and maintenance of wireless radio communications systems, including radio propagation modelling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis, frequency coordination, cell site equipment layout, parameter definition, and ancillary equipment;
- Design of wireless network solutions necessary to support business and technology solutions to deliver functional and non-functional requirements;
- Design of wireless network solutions which are compliant with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure solution options are explored, identified and proposed that align to Technology’s Strategy and Design principles;
- Design target state solution architecture that meets technical, functional and non-functional requirements; and
- Provide expert advice on the wireless solutions, RF, base station design, power, antenna placement, data center considerations, other wireless technology specialties.
To be successful you will demonstrate the following experience:
- Strategically influencing senior Executives on the benefits of Communications technologies and developing global designs that fundamentally accelerate the organization;
- Design, implement and drive innovation for BHPB to be a leader in Network & Wireless technologies and industry trends;
- Develop a core capability in a team of teams approach of those around you on technology such as: 802.11x, meshed networks, SDN, LTE, and how to apply them at scale;
- Design with Safety in mind and be accountable for site Field Leadership;
- Experience in applying and adapting TOGAF-ADM is essential to ensure a just-enough pragmatic approach is employed (seasoned practitioners are required);
- Significant experience in the IT&C industry with experience in successfully implementing innovative network designs; and
- Experience in identifying business integration and optimising business operations by reducing or eliminating integration requirements.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.