At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are seeking Prestrip Supervisors to join our production overburden team at Saraji mine. Reporting to the Superintendent Prestrip, you will be responsible for the supervision of truck and shovel operators in compliance with operating standards, procedures, work instructions and operational targets to achieve optimal outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Comply with the SHMS and Field Leadership deliverables to maintain a safe crew culture
- Supervise the execution of the week zero (0) schedule; this will incorporate effective utilisation of equipment and volume delivery
- Identify and implement function improvement initiatives with support from Analysis & Improvement (A&I)
- Build cross-functional relationships with the Operational sub-functions to support the delivery of production
Lead the team in the reporting of events and hazards in a timely and accurate manner and responsible for the investigation processAbout you
- Absolute commitment to safety and compliance with all site safety standards
- Supervisory experience
- Competencies in S1, S2, S3 & G2 mandatory
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Previous truck & shovel experience advantageous
- OCE ticket highly regarded
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- SAP Experience beneficial
As the successful candidate you will have the ability to foster a great team culture and have outstanding team work and problem solving skills. Great communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.