Australian citizenship is required, and Australian Government Security clearance will be favoured.
Join a team of successful Premier Field Engineers (PFE) in the Data Insights domain who are empowering customers to grow faster and perform better by freeing up the power of their data and making it accessible and useable. In this role, you will build trusted advisor relationships and be the cornerstone for the optimization and successful implementation of Microsoft technologies with Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers.PFE provide technical guidance and leadership for Premier customers to help ensure their IT environments are kept optimized and healthy. The focus is to do this in a proactive and consultative manner in order to avoid future issues, regardless of challenging technical or political circumstances. This includes guidance on best practices, risk assessments, migrations, and onsite, remote and dedicated support services.
As part of Microsoft Services, PFE partners with Support Engineering and Enterprise Services to strengthen the Microsoft Services Field Engineering capability worldwide.
Your challenges will include the following:
- Delivering onsite, remote, and dedicated services for Microsoft’s Premier customers.
- Efficiently delivering on various proactive services from the Premier Delivery Portfolio of Services to our Enterprise customers to increase systems availability, resolve critical issues, and ultimately improve the health of our customers’ environments.
- Consulting with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in line with Microsoft best practices.
- Providing rapid on site expertise to resolve critical customer support situations.
- Contributing to innovation by creating solutions to solve challenges and realize opportunities.
- Overnight travel is required, potentially up to 20%
We are looking for a Premier Field Engineer specialising in SQL, BI and analytics.
The Core role requires depth knowledge in a number of the following technologies / areas:
• Experience working in a secure Australian Government customer environment
• Database administration (SQL Server 2016 and below)
• BI and analytics tuning and administration
• Performance Tuning and optimization
• High Availability, Disaster Recovery and supporting architectures
• Scalability features and supporting architectures
• Strong troubleshooting skills and experience