Our Mission Statement
Premier Field Engineer (PFE) provide technical leadership for Microsoft customers around the world to help ensure their IT environments are kept optimized and healthy both on-premises and cloud. The focus is to do this in a proactive and consultative manner to prevent future issues. Premier Field Engineering partners with Consulting and Commercial Technical Support to strengthen the Microsoft Services capability worldwide.
As a Premier Field Engineer typical tasks performed include:
- Application/infrastructure design and supportability reviews
- Performance tuning
- Application stability consulting
- Porting/migration assistance
- Configuration management
- Pre-rollout testing
- Specific problem isolation and correction
- User mode debugging
- General IT support consulting.
In addition, you will provide technical support including product technical training onsite, as well as via telephone, and electronic media. Candidates must be able to manage hot issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
It's your chance to:
Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
- Lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Travel within Australia and internationally may be required.
- Earn certifications as an MCSE, MCSD or MCPD. Microsoft will facilitate this opportunity through company provided resources.
Core Skills and qualifications:
Must be an Australian Australian Citizen, prepared to apply for an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Security Clearance. Ideally already holding an NV2 Security Clearance.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in systems development, network operations, software support or I.T. consulting.
- Five or more years of industry experience with Microsoft Enterprise Servers or Development
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Desired background in Technical Training. Education Bachelor's Degree in Comp. Science, Comp. Info. Sys., Math, Engineering, Business, or related field.
Specific Skills and qualifications:
Azure and the Cloud are very broad areas, and what we are looking for is someone with immense passion in that space, with a proven history of learning quickly and dealing with ambiguous situations. At the core of that is being a technical expert, but one who is constantly learning and sharing.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.