Our Mission Statement
Premier Field Engineer (PFE) provide technical leadership for Microsoft customers around the world to help ensure their IT environments are kept optimized and healthy both on-premises and cloud. The focus is to do this in a proactive and consultative manner to prevent future issues. Premier Field Engineering partners with Consulting and Commercial Technical Support to strengthen the Microsoft Services capability worldwide.
What we do best
Premier Field Engineers provide numerous services to our Enterprise customers to increase systems availability, resolve issues with creative problem-solving capabilities, and ultimately improve the health of our customers’ environments. We consult with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in line with Microsoft best practices.
As a Premier Field Engineer you will deliver proactive support consulting like Assessments for Risk and Migration including product technical training onsite, as well as online mechanisms. Candidate must be able to manage critical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 at times and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
We need individuals who:
At the core of the role is a passion for Cloud technologies, constantly learning and sharing. The right candidates will be open to share their knowledge, have an opinion based on experience but most importantly demonstrate Growth Mindset.
- Deep passion for learning and growth. In Microsoft, we groom our people. Earn industry certifications and internal accreditations and much more. Microsoft will facilitate this opportunity through company provided resources.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with the customer.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
- Communicate at all levels from CIO to the technical staff on the ground.
- Enhancing the company's image and reputation through your credibility, preparation, commitment and first-class delivery of workshops and trainings.
- Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams.
- Help in troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolution. Critical reactive onsite technical support.
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours.
- Enjoys great exposure through travelling. Overnight travel is expected for the role.
Core Skills and Qualifications Required
- 5 years of work related experience including designing, implementing and supporting Microsoft Products and Platform in a medium to large enterprise.
- Solid understanding of Cloud computing, deployment, networking, core infrastructure and scripting fundamentals.
- Desired background in Technical Training, Education in Bachelor’s Degree in Comp. Science, Comp. Info. Sys., Math, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Good understanding of ITIL/Service Management.
- Microsoft Azure Certification preferred.Azure and the Hybrid Cloud are broad areas, and we are looking for someone with immense passion in that space, with a proven history of learning quickly and dealing with ambiguous situations. Possess deep technical expertise in in areas like:
Technical Expertise Required
- Microsoft Azure IaaS (Compute, Storage, Networking, Cloud Identity – Azure AD).
- Azure Automation - skills in PowerShell, PowerShell DSC, Azure Resource Manager, JSON Templates.
- Knowledge in Azure PaaS, DevOps, Azure Stack, and Containers are a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity