The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence and are seeking to recruit a Postdoctoral Associate within the School of Life and Environmental Sciences, who will be responsible for:
• Contributing to our research programme investigating the evolution of viviparity and the placenta across vertebrates;
• Planning and executing experiments, including developing new research methods, preparing applications for animal ethics approval, and occasionally carrying out field work within Australia as required to meet the aims of the research programme
• Generating, managing and analysing large sets of genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic data;
• Co-supervising and training undergraduate and higher degree by research students in areas related to the research programme;
• Preparing the results of the research for publication in high quality journals
We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Associate with a PhD in genetics and genomics, physiology, evolutionary biology, bioinformatics, or related disciplines. In addition, evidence of publication of research in high quality, peer-reviewed journals is required.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/18UVXW-x2_8?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit:
For further information contact Dr Camilla Whittington, Research Fellow / Lecturer on +61 2 9351 8621 or
For information about the recruitment process, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Helen Efstathiou, Recruitment Consultant on +61 2 8627 7137 or
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.