Job Overview/PurposeWork as a key member of a team of Business and Technical specialists who support and enhance applications for consumption by the bank encompassing all new / enhancements to the various applications as well as other process related improvements. The role requires a mix of business analysis and application support skills. It covers all aspects of the system lifecycle as well as the selection of appropriate applications and platforms to facilitate the business needs.
The role holder will work closely together with business stakeholders and the ITS System team to ensure that systems meet customer servicing strategy and requirements.
Key Responsibilities and AccountabilitiesSpecialist Knowledge:
• Work with the business to gather their business requirements for all areas of the Bank ensuring consistent and efficient requirements that can be translated into functional specifications reflecting the user’s needs and fit for purpose for the application/processes.
• Facilitate workshops and solution review sessions with business stakeholders, and manage feedback loop;
• Translate business requirements into functional requirements, and produce all necessary documentation for the delivery of the change, to ensure developers create effective solutions;
• Develop and re-engineer procedures and processes as required in support of continuous process improvement using methodologies such as as six sigma;
• Provide day-to-day business analyst skills to the business as required, investigating issues, providing information, solving problems;
• Become a SME for CRM and Digital systems.
• Manage interactions with key stakeholders, particularly related to systems within the team or changes which the role holder is responsible for;
• Manage vendors and other third parties involved in the delivery of project components. Assist developers to investigate and find solution to issues. Ensure solutions are built to specifications and to a high standard; and
• Work with the Test Team to ensure suitable test cases are developed. Assist the Test Team and users with testing of changes to systems, and management of defects and reporting as required.
Governance and Control
• Ensure that operational risks, audit points and compliance requirements that arise are adequately identified, assessed and mitigated; and
• Ensure that Business Continuity Requirements are met.
• Delivery of excellent customer service to all internal and external clients across RANZG;
• Incorporate customer service improvements to systems;
• Ability to understand business needs and develop appropriate systems solutions; and
• Uses opportunities to collaborate with others where possible.
• Management of systems implementation through SDLC or agile methodologies for CRM/Digital systems;
• Support the end-users in documenting BAU procedures that relate to the specific delivery (applications/processes); and
• Take responsibility for managing the embedding of any systems changes affecting key stakeholders.
Core CompetenciesCustomer Focus*: Engaging the customer in dialogue, detecting and listing customers’ wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating this, putting the customer first. Thinking and acting from the customer’s perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
Partnership*: Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
Problem Solving: Substantiating (strategic and operational) choices and actions based on sound problem analysis. Collecting relevant information, analysing data and correlating. Drawing correct and realistic conclusions.
Personal Development: Working continually on own personal growth. Staying open to feedback and actively expanding/improving own knowledge, skills and behaviour as an avenue for increasing own performance and that of the organisation or the unit.
Deliver Results: Working actively and in a disciplined way towards achieving the agreed results and set goals. Working according to the principles of ‘right first time’ and ‘good is good enough’. Seeking challenges and identifying and creating opportunities to improve results.
Initiative: Challenging self and others to pursue initiatives and take responsible risks with the objective of improving results. Making decisions and initiating actions based on well-considered risk analysis. Daring to speak up and make choices. Taking responsibility for own decisions and choices.
*Mandatory Competency for all RANZG roles.
Job Skills and KnowledgeEssential:
• Minimum 3 years’ business /support analyst experience working on IT projects, systems changes;
• Preferred experience in banking and finance;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with Pega and/or Digital systems, either technical or analytical;
• Strong understanding of customer experience and client service;
• Strong understanding of finance / banking / IT industry products, services and internal functions;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, competency using document management tooling.
• Experience in delivering training to business, testers and users
• Ability to build and maintain internal client relationships.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and work successfully to deadlines.
• Experience with project management methodologies particularly Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile.
Soft Skills Set –
• Willingness and ability to learn and grow.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines, and remains calm under pressure.
• Illustrates initiative and proactive behaviours, and is a self-motivated individual.
• Remains positive at all times and focused on opportunities.
• Technical configuration ability.
• Available to travel internationally, and work outside of normal business hours as required
■ At least 5 years experience in system analysis or support, testing and/or project implementation & planning.
■ Relevant Bachelor education degree
■ Pega certification
• BA certification
Development Value• Develop coaching capability and skill.
• Develop negotiation skills.
• A strong desire for personal improvement is essential.
• Extensive experience working in an Agile development environment
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills, work ethics and ability to work well in a team or individual environment.