In this key manager role, you will be responsible for driving performances & continuous development of 2 technical leads and 8 Technical analysts across nbn’s technology agnostic landscape. These direct reports will initially make up the Optimisation Capability team.
Your role will overlook the teams day to day activities including heavy involvement in supporting new product & technologies development and delivery, ensuring governance of all SLA requirements. You will also regularly disseminate capability performance through interactive dashboards and automated reporting to line management across various mediums to improve team awareness.
Please note, this is a 24 month fixed term opportunity. Although your contract will have an end date, you will enjoy the full advantages of permanent employment.
A bit about your role
Your key accountabilities would include:
- Develop & maintain strong business wide stakeholder relationships through continuous engagement.
- Managing a team of Technical analysts and Leads to deliver capability to support NEO business groups through constant BPE improvements.
- Risk and Issue assessment & management
- Implemented, robust prioritisation framework & maintained team skill matrix.
- Staff Development & OH&S.
A bit about you
- 5-7 years management experience in Information Technology or telecommunications.
- 10+ years Telecommunication Activations and/or Assurance technical experience.
- Practical experience in Business Process Excellence initiatives
- A strong commercial background in telecommunications.
- Proven ability to quickly build & maintain effective relationships across multiple technical operational stakeholders.
You should also be comfortable with change – nbn is a fast moving organization with a lot of change and new challenges every day. We think it’s great, but understand it’s not for everyone.
Life at nbn
At nbn you’ll be joining a team that believes there is strength in diversity and opportunity through inclusion. We’re building an inclusive and diverse workplace where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued and people are supported to achieve their potential. We’re committed to our goal of increasing the presence of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the business and have a focus on increasing diversity amongst our leadership teams.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
nbn is a fast moving organisation with lots to deliver - so we may not always wait until the job ad expires before reviewing applications. As a result, you should submit your application as soon as possible!
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.