Yes, we're a bank. And yes, this is a banking position. But we're not like regular banks – and we don't hire regular bankers.
So when we say we're looking for Bankers to join our talented team in our Rhodes Contact Centre, what we're really looking for is a people person. Someone who's really good at talking (and listening) to our customers. Someone who'll go out of their way to help. And someone who knows a bit about the banking industry, too.
So what's the job all about?
This is a contact centre, phone-based role that will see you supporting our customers. On the practical side of things, you'll be:
- Taking calls and talking to our customers.
- Resolving banking enquiries ranging from simple requests such as setting up internet banking, through to more complex enquiries regarding a customer’s home loan
- Assisting with internet banking, credit card, general account, home loan, term deposit and other general enquiries.
But there's a lot more to the job than that, because our customers are real people. And that's how we treat them. So we need someone who'll start worthwhile conversations, who'll find a way to help – someone who'll build genuine and lasting relationships. Understanding a customer's banking needs now and in the future is an important part of the job. And that starts with understanding who they are, and what they want.
The role comes with an attractive salary, and you'll also have the opportunity to earn incentives on top of that. It's full time and your working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am-5:45pm. You'll also get a paid monthly day off!
A career that's going places
Our customers are really important to us, but so are our employees. That's why we invest in our people by providing ongoing training and development – so you'll never feel unprepared. We will provide an initial training program which will equip you with the banking basics, and then provide ongoing training and support through "up-skill" programs to teach you specialist product and banking knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
Ask yourself, do these things apply to me? Do you:
- Love to talk to people, lots of people, all day every day at work
- Like to navigate technology and can pick up and use different systems with ease
- See yourself, or have experience with, talking about numbers and finances to our customers
If the answer is yes, then apply now!
The fine print
To be eligible to apply you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 11 Oct 2018 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Nov 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time