The purpose of the Office Maintenance Supervisor is to ensure the safe, efficient delivery of hard and soft facilities management and maintenance services at the location, and contribute to ensuring a comfortable, seamless and reliable workplace experience for BP staff members. If you are a motivated, customer focused maintenance professional – we want to hear from you!
- Expert in office maintenance and facilities management
- Contractor induction and sign-in; ensure contractors are hosted by a BP representative whilst on site
- Log planned and reactive work orders in the Computerised Maintenance Management System; monitor status of open/overdue and review and validate quotations
- Issue contractor work permits (as required)
- Provide input to maintenance budget planning; manage spend within allocated budget
- Undertake quality assurance on work orders completed by contractors; address quality and performance issues with contractors
- Complete and/or coordinate day-to-day reactive maintenance work order requests
- Coordinate base building services for the location; first point of contact (on call) for building alarms
- Coordinate office moves and meeting room set-up per booking requirements
- Liaison with IT&C for desk and meeting room set-up (speaker phones, desk phones, laptop connectivity, projectors, video conferencing etc)
Essential experience and job requirements
- Proven experience in a similar role delivering facilities maintenance and management services within a complex matrix organisation
- Demonstrated experience managing both hard and soft services, including budget planning / management
- Using a Computerised Maintenance Management System to schedule planned work and manage planned and reactive jobs.
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Have a pro-active and positive mind set when completing all tasks
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
A Trade background is preferred.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.