Essential Energy is a NSW Government-owned corporation with responsibility for building, operating and maintaining Australia's largest electricity network that spans 95 per cent of New South Wales' land mass and parts of southern Queensland delivering essential electricity network services to more than 800,000 homes and businesses in 1,500 regional, rural and remote communities.
With employees based in depots and offices across three regions, Essential Energy is one of the largest employers in regional NSW and prides itself on recruiting exceptional people who are motivated and passionate about their chosen career.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Network Analytics & Forecasting Manager to join our Network Optimisation branch in Port Macquarie.
You will be responsible for supporting the Network Optimisation branch, the Asset Management Division, wider business and external stakeholders through the provision of strategic insights into all areas relating to the network and customer demands, energy and constraints.
The Network Analytics and Forecasting Manager will provide leadership and strategic direction across the business in the dissemination and use of network information and analytics, including but not limited to areas of forecasting, network modelling.
Experience and Skills Required for the role:
- Demonstrated experience preferably in a similar role within the electricity distribution industry in network analytics and forecasting preferably with asset management or engineering/commercial and regulatory aspects
- Strong leadership experience with demonstrated experience in leading effective asset management teams including direction setting and change management
- Significant experience in forecasting and modelling application in electricity distribution networks, including technical, commercial and regulatory aspects
- Strong understanding of commercial considerations and risk management principles including consequence, likelihood and residual risk
- Working knowledge of asset management practices and standards including ISO55001
- Demonstrated experience in provision of information to regulatory bodies
- Demonstrated experience in automation of complex processes.
- Excellent knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements eg WHS, IPART, AER, Electricity Act, etc.
- Advanced data analysis and model development skills to conduct and direct significant data analysis and theoretical model development to create demand forecasts
- Strong understanding of principles behind forecasting, customer and electricity network behaviour and modelling
- Professional interpersonal and influencing skills with a proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to build collaborative working relationships across all levels of the business and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare executive and external documentation, reports, briefings, and socialise recommendations for business implementation.
- Excellent skills in computer operations and business system software to gather and prepare reports.
- Bachelor degree in in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering (Electrical) or similar qualifications or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
A comprehensive training environment is provided for suitably qualified and successful applicants.
For more information on the role, please review the attached Position Description and contact Cory Urquhart on 02 6588 6512
Applications for this role will close at 11:55pm (AEDT) on Sunday, 18 October 2017.