- Do you have experience in monitoring and evaluation?
- Do you have an understanding of issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities?
- Join CSIRO and make a difference on the STEM Indigenous Education Project!
CSIRO Education and Outreach is seeking to appoint a motivated Monitoring and Evaluation Research Assistant to be part of the Indigenous STEM Education Project. You will be responsible for key tasks related to the implementation of the project evaluation through a mixed methods research approach. Your knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies, experience in monitoring and evaluation and ability to maintain productive stakeholder relationships will be essential to your success in this role.
The Indigenous STEM Education Project supports pathways that improve the participation and achievement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects. It consists of six program elements: Inquiry for Indigenous Science Students (I2S2), PRIME Futures, Science Pathways, ASSETS, Indigenous STEM Awards and the Bachelor of Science (Extended).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this role.
Location: Negotiable - Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin or Townsville
Salary: AU $61k - AU $78k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term till 30 August 2019
Ref No.: 56694
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in STEM, Education or relevant Social Science and/or equivalent experience.
- A valid Working with Children Check or equivalent and National Police Check or the willingness and ability to gain one.
- The willingness and ability to travel locally and interstate.
- Experience in undertaking quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies, cultures and the issues affecting these cultures in Australian society.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 56694. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications close: Monday, 7th May 2018