At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Due to increased demand from our Yandi Mine Site, we currently have a number of exciting 2-year Fixed Term opportunities for experienced Mobile Plant Operators. Roles will fall into the following areas:
- Haul Truck Operators
- Loader Operators
- Ancillary / All Round Operators
For all positions, you will report to the Supervisor Mining Production and play an integral role by:
- Effectively operating mobile plant in a safe and cost effective manner under the direction of your Supervisor and the Mine Control team
- Executing Mining Production activities according to the Production Plan
- Positively influencing the team culture to ensure a safe, productive, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
- Assisting the Superintendent Mining Production in identifying and implementing improvement initiatives that contribute to current and potential value to the business
For all our Mobile Plant opportunities, you will require a C Class manual drivers licence and the ability to work on a 2 week on 1 week off FIFO roster ex Perth. Previous mobile plant experience in the following will also be a requirement.
- Haul Truck Operators:
- CAT Trucks, 785/789/793 (mining or civil industry)
- CAT 992, 994 and/or WA1200 front end loaders
Ancillary / All Round Operators should be able to operate 789/793D/F Trucks and two or more of the following:
- CAT 16H / 16M Graders
- CAT D10T / D11R Dozers
- CAT 854K Wheel Dozers
- CAT 992 or 988 Wheel Loaders
- CAT Graders, Dozers, Wheel Dozers and Wheel Loaders
LocationYou will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out 2/1 roster working 7 Days 7 Nights 7 off. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.