Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
As our next Mobile Maintenance Planner reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
This position is based at Christmas Creek, Pilbara Region, WA | 8/6 roster FIFO ex-Perth
About the role
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the preparation, presentation and implementation of project plans and conceptual studies
- Plan and coordinate monthly, weekly and daily maintenance scheduling activities as it relates to mobile plant
- Plan, coordinate and schedule personnel and resources according to maintenance reports
- Assist in coordinating maintenance shut down activities as it relates to mobile plant and scheduling activities
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of all the maintenance activities
- Detailed knowledge of maintenance on large scale mining haulage vehicles
- Proven experience with implementation of business and continuous improvement projects
- Demonstrated experience with scheduling for servicing and preventative maintenance, repair estimate, forecasting and budgeting of recurring repairs, inspection of repairs and maintaining safety standards
- 2 years’ experience within a similar position in the resources sector
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability and confidence to handle conflicting priorities
- Professional and mature approach to duties and colleagues
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Strong computer literacy
- A high regard for and practice of health and safety at all times
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.