At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing.
Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 2D2N5X, 2D3N4X, 3D2N5X. Shifts are 12.5 hours including handover, and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package. As an added benefit, those on a Lifestyle Roster will also enjoy an additional week of annual leave per year. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor all aspects of network, systems, infrastructure and provide technical support to resolve issues before it becomes a problem and escalate where necessary
- Co-provide 24x7 (roster basis) L2 technical support and response to all support queries internal and external, responsible for managing incidents to resolution
- Executes maintenance activities according to the weekly work schedule and unscheduled work as required
- Updates events and work requests with an accurate scope of work, to support effective planning of work
- Supports the transition of new or enhanced Technology services
- Participate in the team’s performance centre ensuring focus on safety, people, production and costs, whilst tracking accountability & transparency of operational performance
- Asset health management, ensuring proactive maintenance identification and safe execution of tasks
- Provide input in to the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems assisting with identifying root causes & implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents
- Support and maintenance of the technology environment to support business operations
- Complies with the 1SAP Work Management processes related to work identification, execution and the capturing of related historical transactional data into 1SAP
- Engage with other Technology and Operational teams for 3rd Level support as required
- Develop and maintain Technology technical standards
As the preferred candidate, you will ideally have your CWNP certification, but CCNA or equivalent Cisco experience is a requirement for this role. You are likely to have 3+ years’ practical work experience, preferably with a trade/tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Business Systems, Engineering or similar. Experience supporting business operations e.g. Zebra MotoMesh, Rajant Breadcrumb, Cisco Aironet and ABB Tropos Wi-Fi mesh radios will be looked on favourably, as knowledge of Cambium point-to-point/point-to-multipoint technology, solar regulators, LTE (Long-term Evolution), GPS tracking devices and Trimble GPS correction systems.
To be successful in this role, you will have solid experience providing operational support for mission-critical services in large-scale environments, preferably in mining/resources. Familiarity with SAP and ServiceNow (or similar ITSM systems) and an ITIL certification is advantageous. An understanding and knowledge of IT monitoring tools (i.e. SolarWinds, Splunk and ICS Ranger) and the use and configuration of Asset Health Monitoring Tools will be beneficial in this role.
You are highly organised and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (including root-cause analysis) with the ability to prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment. Your oral and written communication skills will be well developed, and you will be able to work collaboratively and build relationships and trust at all levels. You will be an excellent team player who can also work in a stand-alone capacity.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.